How to fix WindowsCodes.dll missing error for Opera
Download WindowsCodes.dll for free to fix WindowsCodes.dll missing, not designed to run, and access violation errors for Opera in Windows 7/8/XP/Vista.
- Launch WindowsCodes.dll repair software, click on Download DLL and search WindowsCodes.dll.
- Download WindowsCodes.dll from the search results.
- Save WindowsCodes.dll to its default location.
- Click Windows Start, and open CMD command to register WindowsCodes.dll.
- Type regsvr32 WindowsCodes.dll, and press Enter button.
- Exit CMD and restart your computer.
When you try to open Windows Live Mail, McAfee, Opera and other software programs, you would receive error: \System32\Windowscodecs.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. or Access violation at address 6F68AF86 in module WindowsCodecs.dll. Read of address 0000007E.. Keep getting this error indicates the file is missing from your computer.
To help fix WindowsCodes.dll for your computer, we create this article, it displays common solutions for WindowsCodes.dll errors and step-by-step instructions on WindowsCodes.dll free download to fix WindowsCodes.dll missing, not designed to run, and access violation errors for Opera in Windows 7/8/XP/Vista.
- If you get the error after installing new programs, please try to uninstall the software to fix this error.
- If the error occurs after uninstalling software, please reinstalll the application to repair this problem.
- If you receive the error after Opera update, please uninstall it and then install the previous version.
If the above methods can't work, please try the manual fix below:
- Download DLL tool, install and run
- Click 1-Click Repair button on DLL tab
- Wait for the DLL tool to check DLL errors on your computer
- Click More Information after the scan
- Locate to WindowsCodes.dll and click More Info
- Download WindowsCodes.dll for free from the open web page
- Copy and save it to <Windows Root>\System32\
- Click Windows Start, Run
- Type CMD and press Enter
- Type regsvr32 WindowsCodes.dll and press Enter
If manual repair method can't work, please try automatic WindowsCodes.dll error solution below:
- Click 1-Click Repair button on DLL tab of DLL tool
- Click Repair button when the scan is complete
- Wait for the DLL tool to download original WindowsCodes.dll to replace missing or corrupted one on your computer