Download DLL Tool to view msvcr90.dll file information.
Microsoft C Runtime Library
The file msvcr90.dll is used to execute service Microsoft C Runtime Library for Microsoft Sound Mapper msacm32.drv and OLE32 Extensions for Win32 urlmon.dll, and support device drivers in computer Winbook.
The msvcr90.dll module was published at 7/13/2009 1:54:32 PM, and is usually located in C:\Windows\System32\ winsxs\amd64_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4926_none_08e1a05ba83fe554\. Once active, module will occupy 623440 KB of memory usage.
If the memory usage of msvcr90.dll showed in Task Manager is over 5353663 bytes, then there is a virus Virus:X97M/Darra.A or Trojan Program:Win32/Advdown.A on your machine. This file should be replaced immediately with a clean one.
Note: Virus:X97M/Darra.A is developed by the author of website http://www.softarama.com and spreads through installing malware Captain Optimizer.
The module msvcr90.dll with version 9.0.30729.4926 is shared by game Napoleon: Total War, web browser SeaMonkey 1.1.6 and antivirus Comodo Internet Security Pro 2012.
If the version number changes and msvcr90.dll is not restored ASAP, your computer would receive d3dx9_39.dll missing / not found errors, blue screen of death BSoD and error code 0x2125(Source and destination for the cross-domain move operation are identical. Caller should use local move operation instead of cross-domain move operation. ).
msvcr90.dll vulnerability leads to a total of 5353663623440 hits by Program:Win32/Advdown.A since 7/13/2009 1:54:32 PM in Dominican Republic, Myanmar [Burma], Guadeloupe, Panama and Lithuania, said Michael Kuzyk, a website editor in DXY.cn.
To fix and repair msvcr90.dll problems, please download DLL Tool.
Screenshot of DLL Tool:
DLL MSVCR90 contains library files for Microsoft programs, any damage to it will result in runtime errors while you try to launch these software programs.
- Office Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, Publisher, Powerpoint 2007, 2010, 2013
- Internet Explorer (IE) 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
- Windows Live Mail
- X-Box and MSN
- Windows Defender
- Microsoft Security Essential - MSE
- Microsoft Safety Scanner - MSS
- Windows Media Player
- Microsoft Flight 2012
- Microsoft Zune
When your IE crashes, you would receive error message APPCRASH Application Name: explorer.exe, Application Version: 6.1.7601.17567, Application Timestamp: 4d672ee4, Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll, Fault Module Version: 9.0.30729.6161.
Error message like msvcr90.dll is missing or was not found would occur when you start other applications.
Runtime msvcr90.dll error can occur due to:
- Windows and program update
- Software installing and uninstalling
So when you take the above operations, please don't overwrite or remove msvcr90 dll file on your computer. This file Microsoft-Program shared DLL, any changes on it will bring severe problems to your machine.
Further researches find the file is also shared by other software publishers. The most common ones below:
- Nokia Ovi
- HP and Nikon Printer
- Apple iTunes
- Tom Skype
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Battlefield 3 - BF3
- Pinnacle Studio 15
- Norton WinDoctor
- Backup Now EZ
- ONE NOTEM
- Quickbooks 2011
- Sony Media Gallery
- Mass Effect 3
- People Picker
To easily restore your system to working state when mscvr90.dll error in your computer, please back up your Windows registry before you take any operation in your PC.
You can access registry backup and restore feature in Recovery tab of DLL Tool.
- Aldyth Swainson - IE8 Internet Explorer has stopped working, error says faulting module name msvcr90 dll in my windows 7 home baisc.
- Larry F Schoben - When downloading avg free antivirus edition from www.avg.com, my ie9 freezes and crashes, and then it shuts down automatically, leaves me missing msvcr90.dll error.
- wayne tamke - Faulting application BEX64 msqry32.exe and WhiteList.exe, along with cannot find MSVCR90.dll MSCVR80.dll and COMCTL32.dll errors on my office outlook 2013 startup.
- Barry Moss - CVHSVC.EXE Application crashing error appears when using Visual C++ in my Windows xp sp3. CCleaner reports the msvcr90.dll, msvcp90.dll, msvcp80.dll, mfc90u.dll, mfc80u.dll and mfc80.dll are missing, but I used DLL Suite to scan my computer, no error in these files, so how to fix them?
- valeri cammareri - Microsoft Office Word 2010 Copy-Paste crash due to msvcr90.dll is missing from my PC, my OS is Windows 7 Professinoal 64 bits.
For more msvcr90.dll FAQs, please visit http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Search/Search?SearchTerm=msvcr90.dll&askingquestion=False&page=1
For technical issues, online orders and partner cooperation, please contact us via this link.