How to fix dllhost.exe errors
What is dllhost.exe?
Dllhost.exe is developed by Microsoft Corporation and is located in the directory of C:\Windows\System32. Dllhost.exe is used in Windows7/Vista/XP. It is a Windows system file and has no visible window. Dllhost.exe is a trustworthy process published by Microsoft.
The system file dllhost.exe is a very important file, and is located in the Windows system folder. As a part of Windows operating system, dllhost.exe is used in managing the DLL applications. Under normal conditions, it is created automatically during the installation of the operating system, which can end autonomously when not being used.
Defined by Microsoft, dllhost.exe is a very important system process in Windows system. Dllhost.exe can be described as COM Surrogate, and normally it is called COM+ Host Process (the full name is Microsoft Component Services), and it conducts executive control over the COM objects and Internet Information Service. Dllhost.exe is the component which is used for running the COM+, namely the agent of COM. It is necessary for running the Web and FTP severs in Windows.
Dllhost.exe is very important for the normal running of the system. Normally, it is not recommended for the computer users to modify it causally, because it is very important for keeping the stability of the computer system.
The errors of dllhost.exe
Since it plays a vital role in keeping the stability of the computer, dllhost.exe would also be welcomed by various viruses; it can also be misoperated casually. Anyway, many kinds of faults would lead to dllhost.exe errors. The common errors are listed below for your reference.
1. The dllhost.exe consumes too much CPU, and the IIS server cannot run normally.
2. The dllhost.exe appears in the Process window of the Task Manager without any related file running.
3. If dllhost.exe is the very important precondition for the normal running of the system/programs, and if the file is infected by Trojan or malware, the result would be these errors:
(1). The desktop icon cannot be deleted.
(2). The online game cannot run.
(3). The computer gets the blue screen of death without reason.
(4). There is no sound in the computer.
(5). The desktop cannot display.
The causes of the dllhost.exe errors
Because of its complexity, any kinds of errors corresponding to the relevant causes, sometimes, one error may caused by various causes. In order to fix the errors of dllhost.exe, it is recommended to analyze the causes firstly. The common causes are listed below for your reference.
1. The IIS may encounter the endless loop. If dllhost.exe consumes too much CPU, it may due to the IIS service or defective COM+DLL.
2. Worm.Welchia borrows the name of dllhost.exe and put the virus "dllhost.exe" into the directory of C:\Windows\System32\Wins, while the true dllhost.exe should be in the directory of C:\Windows\System32. In another words, in order to confuse the computer users, and afraid that the executive body of the virus is stopped by the process manager, Worm.Welchia uses the same name of "dllhost.exe" with the component of Windows. But this is not to say that the appearance of dllhost.exe in the progress means that it is infected by the virus worm.welchia.
3. Some viruses would replace the dllhost.exe file in the correct directory, and it would damage the system function.
4. The file dllhost.exe may be disguised by malware, especially when it is located in the directory of C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32.
How to fix the dllhost.exe errors?
Since the causes are analyzed above, the next step is to fix the errors based on the causes. The common ways to fix these issues manually are listed below for your reference.
1. The dllhost.dll is easy to be infected by virus, which can cause the system file to be missing or damaged. If so, a virus scan should be conducted with popular anti-virus software, and then a trustful dllhost.dll file should be downloaded from Microsoft wensite to replace the damaged one.
2. If dllhost.exe consumes too much CPU, the IIS or some running dllhost.exe instances can be disabled in order to check if the computer is infected by Trojans or viruses. If so, please fix this issue in the manner desribed above.
3. If dllhost.exe consumes too much CPU, you can try to close the E-Mail monitoring function of anti-virus software or other monitoring functions to see if the occupation rate goes down. Or the monitor should be checked by closing the IIS server, if the memory drops suddenly, it means that it is the monitor's problem. It means that the error can be fixed by checking the site one by one.
If dllhost.exe cannot found or is damaged, the programs such as system, software or games, cannot run normally. The errors of dllhost.exe bring computer users too many troubles. So the best way for you is to fix all the errors as soon as possible.
It may be a piece of cake for the computer experts to fix the common errors of dllhost.exe, but to the common computer users, fixing dllhost.exe errors would be a big problem due to its complexity and fragility. Consider the following features: the Dllhost.exe is easy to be infected by the transformed virus, which is hard to be fixed; the dllhost.exe is easy to consume too much CPU, which is difficult for the common computer users to deal with; as dllhost.exe is connected with many files due to its shared feature, the errors happened to its related files would influence its normal work, etc. Given the features about the dllhost.exe above, the DLL TOOL is strongly recommended to the computer users.
The DLL TOOL is a convenient and trustful tool which can scan and fix all the .exe related errors within a few clicks for free, and return you a high performance computer.