How to fix reg.exe errors
What is reg.exe?
Reg.exe is a process belonging to the Microsoft registry console tool and published by Microsoft. Reg.exe is ancillary software of Microsoft Windows operating system. Reg.exe is located in the directory of "C:Windows\system32\", and the file reg.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files", and it is used in Windows7/Vista/XP. Reg.exe is an executable file within Windows. The process of Reg.exe can automatically load when Windows is staring up. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems. The process reg.exe is considered safe and would not pose any harm to the computer system.
As a Registry Console Tool, the process reg.exe is bundled with Windows. It is a tool used for editing registry under the command line. Reg.exe may be another application related registration process.
If reg.exe is located under the directory of C:\Windows\System32, the file is a system file. The program has no visible window. If reg.exe is located in the subdirectory of C:\Windows, the file is the core file of Windows and is signed and issued by Microsoft. The program is invisible.
Reg.exe is not a Windows system file. Reg.exe is able to record inputs.
The errors of reg.exe
Since Reg.exe is not essential for Windows and is bundled with Windows, it is easy to come across problems. The common errors are listed below for your reference.
1. The file reg.exe is infected by virus, disguised by Trojan, damaged by spyware, or corrupted by adware. Under such conditions, the operating system would run slowly and even crash.
2. D-Link AirPlus G Wireless or D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G Adapter encounters problems.
3. The computer is becomes inoperable after the registry is edited.
4. The performance of computer is downgraded.
5. Reg.exe takes high CPU usage.
6. If the registry cannot be edited correctly, it would lead to severe damage to the system.
7. Uninstalling reg.exe permanently from the system can leave some invalid registry entries.
The causes of the reg.exe errors
Everything happens for a reason, good or bad; the errors of reg.exe are caused by one or more of the reasons below, and hope that can help you grasp a general idea about reg.exe.
1. If reg.exe is located in the directory of c:\windows or c:\windows\system32, it would be disguised by malware.
2. Some virus can be activated with double–clicking the disk, and it can run automatically and call the executable file reg.exe. If the infected file is not deleted, it would run automatically when the computer starting up. If C disk is formatted only, the remnant of other disks would be copied to C disk immediately. And more importantly, the virus can start up under safe mode too.
3. If the registry is edited directly, the registry editor would bypass standard safeguards, then settings which may degrade performance, damage the system, or even require the Windows be to install would be allowed.
4. Editing the registry of local or remote computers directly using reg.exe would make the computer inoperable and cause the need for new installation of the operating system.
5. If the performance of a computer is degraded, it may be caused by too much CPU time being consumed.
6. Most non-system processes can be stopped when running due to their features, but reg.exe is used by Microsoft Windows Operating System, and stopping it would cause some errors.
7. If too many processes running together on the computer system without being cleaned up in time, they would affect the performance of the computer.
How to fix the reg.exe errors?
The common fix ways are listed below, when using the manually methods to fix the errors of reg.exe, please pay attention that the startup entry should not be deleted, as it can be simply disabled and then can be re-enabled any time when it is needed.
1. If reg.exe gets an error with the phenomenon that D-Link AirPlus G Wireless or D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G Adapter encounters problem, the entire program could be removed through Windows Control Panel.
2. Considering the situation, it is necessary to back up any valued data on the computer before editing.
3. The registry can be edited by using control panel or Microsoft management console.
4. If reg.exe comes upon CPU intensive, it can be fixed by using the Microsoft System Configuration Utility to find and disable these processes.
5. The application damaged by error can be uninstalled; a system scan can be run to scan and fix the error.
The file with the filename extension .exe indicates that it is an executable file, such as reg.exe. Since executable file can change the computer settings or do harm things to the computer, it is necessary to be run from a trusted publisher. Otherwise, the file reg.exe would expose to any kinds of bad situations. For example, it would be infected by virus, Trojan, spyware, or adware.
According to the features of reg.exe, the experts may fix parts of the reg.exe errors manually, but to the common computer users, especially to the green hands, it would be an annoying and terrible thing to come across the errors of reg.exe. In accordance with the present situation, the DLL TOOL is recommended for you. The DLL TOOL can scan and fix any errors with easy for free and free you from any kinds of computer troubles. By the way, the DLL TOOL can maintain your computer in a good performance.