How to fix TrustedInstaller.exe errors
What is TrustedInstaller.exe?
TrustedInstaller.exe is developed by Microsoft Corporation as a part of Microsoft Windows operating system. It is described as Windows Modules Installer / Windows. TrustedInstaller.exe is the process of Windows Modules Installer; its path is C:\Windows\servicing\TrustedInstaller.exe. Used in Windows7/Vista/XP, the TrustedInstaller.exe is a Windows system file; there is no visible window for this process.
When the Windows is updating, or some installation package published by Microsoft is installed, the service of Windows Modules Installer would run automatically in order to modify or replace the corresponding system files. TrustedInstaller.exe is a process of Windows Modules Installer service. The main function of TrustedInstaller.exe is to enable installation, removal and modification of Windows Updates and optional system components.
The process Windows Modules Installer is attached to the software of Microsoft Windows operating system or Betriebssystem Microsoft Windows.
Since TrustedInstaller.exe is a protected system resource, it is not recommended to disable or remove it. If it is disabled, the Windows Updates may fail to install or uninstall.
The TrustedInstaller.exe errors
Since the main function of TrustedInstaller.exe is to enable installation, removal and modification of Windows Updates and optional system components, it is easy to be infected by virus. And many kind of mis-operation would cause TrustedInstaller.exe errors. The common errors are listed below for your reference.
1. TrustedInstaller.exe is missing or not found.
2. TrustedInstaller.exe is consuming too much CPU.
3. The Windows cannot search and install updates normally when the Window update settings are configured into Auto Update.
The causes of TrustedInstaller.exe errors
As for its function in the computer, TrustedInstaller.exe sometimes consumes too much CPU, or is infected by virus, malware or Trojan. In order to fix these errors correctly, it is necessary to analyze the causes of the errors. The common causes are listed below for your reference.
1. If TrustedInstaller.exe is located in the directory of c:\windows or c:\windows\system32, it may be a malware.
2. The process TrustedInstaller.exe is infected by virus, malware or Trojan.
3. The error of TrustedInstaller.exe is caused by misoperation. For example, TrustedInstaller.exe is misjudged as a virus and removed casually by computer users.
4. When the computer is starting up, the process TrustedInstaller.exe sometimes would consume 100% CPU for a long time. TrustedInstaller.exe is a safe process in Windows Vista system; if it consumes too much CPU, there may be some system modules being installed in Vista/Windows7. For example, Windows Update is downloading and installing the security update of Vista/Windows7 automatically, and during this process, the phenomenon that the process TrustedInstaller.exe consumes 100% CPU would appear. If the process is ended, some operations, such as updating the system or modifying the system settings, would be affected.
5. The errors of TrustedInstaller.exe may be related to driver problems, such as obsolete, outdated or incompatible drivers.
6. Since TrustedInstaller is used by a service named Windows Module Installer to install Windows system modules, TrustedInstaller.exe process would consume too much CPU as the scheduled Windows update scanning on the system.
How to repair TrustedInstaller.exe problems
When the Windows is updating, or some installation package published by Microsoft is installed, the service of Windows Modules Installer would run automatically in order to modify or replace the system files. TrustedInstaller.exe plays a vital role in the computer from the message above, so it is necessary to fix any kind of TrustedInstaller.exe errors as soon as possible in order to keep a high performance of the computer. The common ways of fixing these errors manually are listed below for your reference.
1. TrustedInstaller.exe is Windows Module Installer, which runs when the Windows is searching and installing update, and then the CPU occupation rate would also keep high for a while. The 100% CPU occupation rate would happen when the system just being installed or updated automatically, as it is the time when the installation service is running. The best way to deal with it is waiting for the process of TrustedInstaller.exe to finish its task, and then everything would become normal.
2. You can modify Windows update settings: choose the other three options except auto update.
3. Try to change the service of Windows Module Installer.
4. To ensure that the TrustedInstaller.exe process is not infected by virus, it is recommended to use an efficient antivirus and antispyware for you to scan the whole computer. However, if TrustedInstaller.exe is infected and damaged by virus or malwares, a new TrustedInstaller.exe must be obtained from Microsoft website and installed right away.
5. It is also a good idea to scan and repair the registry with a good registry tool.
6. If some drivers are corrupted or outdated, it is necessary to update them and ensure that all the drivers stay up-to-date.
The general information of TrustedInstaller.exe is described above for computer users. For example, TrustedInstaller.exe is infected by virus, malware, or Trojan; it gets error because of the mis-operation; it consumes 100% CPU; it is missing or not found, etc. When coming across a specific TrustedInstaller.exe error, the common computer users, especially the green hands, would feel annoyed. To free computer users from all the troubles and help them save time and money, the DLL TOOL is strongly recommended to you.
The DLL TOOL is a useful tool which can scan and fix all the .exe related errors with ease for free. The DLL TOOL can also pay much attention to your computer in order to deal with any mini error in the first time so as to protect the computer from further damage, and then return you a high performance computer.